Oregon Tilth provides organic certification services to organic growers, processors, and handlers internationally. Oregon Tilth has standards equal to, and in many cases, above that of the USDA. By meeting Oregon Tilth standards, Wilcox Farms meets USDA standards and is able to be certified simultaneously. Listed are just a few examples of these guidelines:
- Must maintain records on all products that are to be “100% organic.”
- A plan must be generated and agreed upon with an accredited certifying agent.
- Must list practices/procedures and regularity of such in handling products.
- List of substances to be used and their composition and/or source.
- Description(s) of monitoring and managing practices.
- Use only organically grown feed, poultry must be raised by 100% organic methods.